Do´s and Don´ts when applying for funding
While you are working on your proposal, we suggest that you take a minute and read this article to get some handy tips about the things you should and shouldn´t do when applying.
- Make sure your project idea follows the criteria of pre-competitive Collective Research and will benefit the needs of SMEs.
- Check if the guidelines have changed. Changes will be announced on the first pages of the guidelines and communicated on the CORNET website in the section Guidelines and Templates.
- Make yourself familiar with the evaluation report. The high success rate in CORNET can only persist if the quality of the proposal matches the requirements.
- Get in touch with your national/regional funding organisation regarding the respective funding criteria and assistance with your application.
- Contact the CORNET Coordination Office in case of enquiries on international aspects.
- Download the latest proposal templates.
- Categorise your project according to the drop drown menu in the application form.
- Register for the Submission Tool and make sure that all documents are fully-fledged before you submit your proposal.
- Make sure you don´t submit your proposal in the last minute to enable possible corrections after the formal check by the Coordination Office. There will be no extension of time to substitute or complete your proposal after the deadline.
- … try to change dates or text in the proposal documents other than required.
- … send your application via e-mail to the CORNET Coordination Office.
- … try to convince the Coordination Office that a different deadline applies to you.
Photo: © eikotsuttiy / fotolia.com